The management board runs the FFA’s business affairs on its own responsibility. Peter Dinges is the CEO; Sarah Duve-Schmid and Martin Michaelis are his deputies. The FFA has a staff of 80 people. All fundamental issues within the FFA’s area of responsibility are decided upon by the Administrative Council consisting of 36 members. Its members are named – and subsequently appointed by the BKM – from:
- the German Bundestag (Lower House),
- the Bundesrat (Upper House),
- the highest federal authority responsible for culture and media,
- the trade associations of the film and video industry,
- the public and private broadcasters,
- the German Film Academy
- the German Film Exporters Association (VDFE)
- the trade unions
- and the churches.
The Executive Committee consists of ten members elected from the Administrative Council and supervises the activities of the ManagementBoard. The chairman of the Administrative Council, the former State Minister for Culture and the Media Bernd Neumann, is at the same time the chairman of the Executive Committee.